Since I was just 11…Ramie Dawn has been someone I value in my life. In 5th grade when I first met Ramie, I thought she was possibly “the coolest” person I had ever met. At a time in my life that my world wasn’t always happy…Ramie was ALWAYS happy and I remember just wanting to be around her because her happiness rubbed off on all of us. I knew then that I wanted her to be MY best friend! Around the 8th grade, I would say Ramie became my best friend and to this day nobody has been able to fill her shoes and take that spot in my life! This weekend Ramie turned 30 and I felt so proud that we have been able to celebrate so many birthday’s together and still after everything that we have gone through…continue to grow in our friendship.
Ramie…I know that you already know how much I love you and I don’t even have to tell you all the reasons why…but just because…. here are just a few…well 30 in no particular order…
1. You always try to find something positive about EVERYONE!
2. I can pick up the phone and say just the name of a person and you know everything there is to know about the emotions and thoughts that could come up
3. You have such strong values and aren’t afraid to stick up for those to other people and situations
4. You’re beautiful! I always adore your hair…maybe that’s why I’ve copied you and dyed mine black and grown it out! lol
5. We can talk every day or not talk for days (in some cases we’ve gone months) and either way we’re still the same
6. You listen when someone needs to be listened to
7. You offer advise when someone needs advise
8. You understand me and all the things that have made me who I am
9. You’re willing to do anything I need you to do..like be on stand by to jump on a plane when my grandma had her heart attack just to be with me…or sit at the hospital all day when Rose died…or sit with me and watch tv while I was on bedrest…or drive down to pick up my kids when papa had his heart attack
10. You learn from your mistakes and don’t hide behind them.
11. You’re silly and at times quite obnoxious!
12. You love all the same movies that I love
13. You married a wonderful person who compliments you perfectly and brings out all the things that are great about you! And he has fit in perfectly to our friendship and is so amazing as a friend to Greg and the kids
14. We travel well together
15. We can tell each other when maybe we’re being a little to mean…harsh…judgmental…
16. In moments of panic, I can pick up the phone and just knowing that you answer calms me down
17. You have fantastic decorating skills!
18. I love love love your handwriting!!!
19. You’re sincere about all of your relationships with people and choose the people you are close to carefully
20. You’re family is the most important to you
21. You have been everything I could ask for with my kids. And they adore you!
22. You’ve become a great friend to Greg
23. We both love food!!!
24. You’re appreciation for songs and what they remind us of
25. Our silly dreams that only you and I can understand like living in Edinborough and being dentists on a double decker bus
26. Our silly nick names and quotes and poems…Tink and Tootles…2nd star to the right and straight on till morning…If I were eternally travelling at the speed of sound and I whispered your name, I would hear it forever.
27. Loving my family even at times I wasn’t so happy with them!
28. You have no problem laughing at yourself
29. You’re way of helping me sort out my thoughts
30. Just the way you have been a friend to me for all these years and the way you have loved me despite my flaws!
Happy Birthday
my bestest friend!!!
Here’s a few shots of our lunch celebration which was then followed by a movie..which was then followed by dinner…
One of life's greatest gifts is having someone truly know you and who can laugh or cry with you without much having to be sad. I am blessed to have found my best friend in 5th grade, thank you for everything and for always being there! xoxo Tootles
ReplyDelete