Months ago, JJ and I were talking about our anniversaries and how we needed to celebrate them together seeing as though he was the best man in our wedding and Greg was the best man in theirs. Originally we thought that their 5 year and our 10 year were both coming up in 2011…but we soon realized that their 5 year was this year so it was quite the ordeal to get things planned….and you all know how much of a planner I am….well JJ is the opposite! So this…I say is the reason we ended up at hotels that were 20 minutes away from each other rather than right next door like they were supposed to be….trip nightmare in Shannon’s book right??!! Well..it could have been but we made it work. The truth is that we had an amazing time and I can’t believe how much I would love to still be there right now. From the days hanging out at the pool and beach, the amazing food, the touring and water activities, late nights, lots and lots of delicious drinks, laughs, and more than memorable moments with great friends….I couldn’t have asked for a better week.
Greg and I started our trip by waking up at 2:30 am on Monday morning to head to the airport. Our flight left at about 6:00 and with no problems we made it to Cabo just shortly after 11:00.
After realizing we had a bit of a hotel debacle we were off to start our trip off right by having some food and taking a walk on the beach.
We relaxed, got in the hot tub and unpacked our stuff in our amazing room before heading over to the Fogle’s hotel in the evening to have a few drinks.
On Tuesday we got up and went straight to the beautiful Hilton hotel.
It was here that we spent the entire day hanging out at the pool and beach.
Later that night we all sat down for an amazing dinner and then some drinks and late night strolls and treasure burying on the beach.
Wednesday Greg and I woke up and went to eat at a little taco place that our cab driver had recommended to us.
Afterwards, we took some time to go parasailing. I loved parasailing-so relaxing!
After that, it was back to the Hilton for more pool time. From there it was a night out for the four of us. We went back to our hotel for a dinner and show on the beach where Greg and Marle got to participate in a contest where they ended up winning a bottle of tequila…
After lots of laughs and dancing, followed some time in the hot tub.
Thursday Greg and I set out to the glass factory, took a boat tour over to Lover’s and Divorce Beach and then went to go explore the town before checking out of our hotel and heading to the Fogles hotel to spend the rest of our time.
Of course there was more pool time and another fantastic dinner.
Friday was a sad day because we were having to leave but we were able to enjoy one last day of pool and beach time before heading to the airport.
Here are some more Cabo Highlights…
And then when we got home…we were welcomed by our wonderful children and their decorations…
Thank you Fogle’s for sharing your anniversary and your family vacation with us…Love you!
It was “WONDERFUN”
No comments:
Post a Comment