We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Their very first competition...

This past weekend, the girls had their first competition. Everyone has been asking how it went and so I'm making the time to sit down and get this blog done. This competition was Talent on Parade and it was so much fun to watch the girls have this experience. We had to be there at 8:30 in the morning to start hair and makeup. Since I had two girls to get ready, I wasn't thinking clearly to get pictures of this but it is too cute to watch the girls get all dressed up and prepared for their dances. Our first number, Time Warp went on around 10:30. The girls did pretty well. Everyone was yelling and cheering them on, it was so cute. I about dropped in my seat when Kaylie started to wave at the other girls that they needed to move over. This is a big no no on stage, it looks bad to the judges. In Kaylie's mind she thought they needed to be corrected. We all had a little discussion after this that we go out and do the dance and if other's are messing up, we just keep dancing. After they came off of stage, all the older girls and team moms made a tunnel to let the girls run through and cheer for them. They were so proud! Our second number at 11:30 was our Chicken Little's dance. Again, they were adorable. They have the cutest little costumes with tons of feathers. We took some time to have a bit of a rest and went to lunch. The girls had a blast sitting at their own table and some of us adults enjoyed talking about the memories from our days up on the stage dancing with this same studio. Some things have changed, and some things I don't think ever will change. This is one of the things I love about having the girls at the same studio that I danced at. After lunch, we went back to the school and watched some of the other dances. At 3:00, it was time for the awards. I am still extremely confused on all of the awards and the process in which they give them so I will try to explain this the best that I can. Each dance gets rated by the judges and for that rating, each team gets an award based on how they scored individually. One of our dances took a rating equivalent to a 2nd place rating and the other took a 3rd place rating. Then they are all compared to the other dances by category and by age. Overall in this ranking we placed 3rd for one of the dances. There are then also other awards that are given and we took home a judges choice for one of our costumes. So...the team was given trophies and the girls get ribbons and medals. In the end, the girls were happy and they had fun which is what mattered most. We have another competition next month, so we'll see how that goes. Here are some pictures, the video won't be here for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! That really makes me miss my dance competition days. It's so much fun getting ready with all the girls, and being with all of your friends up on stage. I'm so glad they won trophies! They must be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute pictures! i would have liked to see them perform! :( sounds like they have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete