We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A visit from Grandma and Grandpa Konchalski


Last week my Grandpa emailed and said they were for sure coming up to visit this week. We were all so excited. We try to make a trip down to Texas at least once a year to visit with them but it seems as though the last couple of years have been such rushed trips. Last year we ended up down there over Thanksgiving for a funeral of a very close friend of ours. No matter how little time we get to see eachother, we keep in touch often. My grandpa loves to email, and through these emails I feel like I am able to be close to their everyday life. Having time with them, makes me feel like I get to know a little more about myself. I love listening to their stories of how they grew up and the travels around the world. I really love that my kids have the oppurtunity to know them and hear these stories as well. Of course they love having Grandpa around because he keeps them busy with the most interesting things. Jokes, tests, questions, daily schedules, interesting food and drinks. He challenges them to use their imaginations and it's so fun to watch.

Yesterday we took them down to Manitou Springs to walk around and have some fun. We played at the park, took pictures where Greg and I were married, stopped at the Candy Store and the Penny Arcade and Grandma and I made the men and the kids wait outside while we did a little shopping.

I really enjoyed having them here at my home and being here for Thanksgiving with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment