We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving
I'm not sure what I love most about Thanksgiving...the food, the ads, the parade, or maybe it's just having family around.


Our day began with Greg and I getting up early. I started the turkey and Greg went to Wal Mart to get the newspaper for all the ads. We can't wait to look through the ads and plan out our morning of shopping.
After looking through the ads we made breakfast with bacon, fried potatos and biscuits and gravy. Right after breakfast, it was time to start cooking the food for our Thanksgiving feast. And a feast it was...40 pounds of turkey, 10 pounds of potatos, rolls, stuffing, fruit salad, 4 pies and a cheesecake, casseroles galore! We had 13 people to feed so although it seems like a lot (well I guess it was a lot), but I like leftovers! And we have a lot of leftovers.




I put everyone to work helping out.
Alyssa helped to make the food
Kaylie helped set the table, Taylor relunctly put napkins on the table
Greg peeled potatosGrandpa washed and cut the potatos, Kyle mashed the potatos
Chris carved the turkey
Marsha and Papa kept my kids happy(well in this picture Taylor wasn't too happy, he wanted to eat pumpkin pie right after dinner)Grandma kept my kitchen tidy
and Mom and Heather washed all the dishes. What a great family effort!! We all enjoyed the mounds of food. After we ate, we went through the ads again,
had a family tackle in the living room
watched some football and played some games.
We had a great day and I am so thankful to have had everyone together this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment