So recently life has been a bit crazy...a bit frustrating...a bit exhausting...etc....etc...etc...I guess we all have lives that get this way every now and then so I'm not complaining too much but recently things have just gotten to be a bit much and so after waking up nice and refreshed after having come home and going straight to bed last night, I woke up today feeling like today would be a good day. And mostly...it was.I only have one small complaint but I'm past it already. So throughout my mostly good day I seemed to become amused and thankful for things that normally I would have not given much thought to and so here are some of the things about my day that I found amusing or was thankful for...
Things I was thankful for:
*First off I am definitely thankful for having a husband that can tell when I've just had enough and I need to go to bed. I am so thankful that thanks to him, I was able to go to bed early and have a great nights rest so that I could wake up and have a happy day. I am also thankful that he has a job that he can leave early on days such as today to go and pick up our children from school so that they can get to their after school activities. Oh and also that he lets me choose where we go to lunch even if it is the same place over and over again.
*Almost tying for first place, I am also so thankful to have a best friend that I get to talk to every day through email. Without our wonderful talks about nothing and everything, I don't think I could get through certain days!!
*I'm thankful that for today my kids were pretty well behaved and I didn't have to deal with any fighting...yelling...hitting...kicking...throwing...arguing...
*So thankful that Coldstone is right next door to Noodles so that I could be enticed with an advertisement that led me right in after lunch to get Ghiradelli chocolate ice cream with raspberries
*Thankful to have a supervisor and manager who often find me amusing...well they probably are quite annoyed with me most often but at least they pretend to be ammused with me.
*Thankful that right now I have somehow managed to not care that my house is pretty much a big mess right now
*So thankful for enjoying most of the people that I work with...and when I say most I really mean most b/c there are some people that I hate to say it-but they just don't fit in with the group. The people that do, sure do make the day better.
*Can not forget to be thankful for the music that I listen to all day long. Deffinately thankful for my favorite song of the week "Save me San Francisco"
Okay onto the things that I found amusing (as a warning, these things will probably not amuse you but they got me through my day at least)
*So amused at the things that people will share on the radio. If you don't listen to 99.9 in the morning, you need to-Johnjay and Rich are hillarious!!
*Extremely amused at the fact that I can go months with thinking that I understand every aspect of my job and then one day...like today...a claim comes across that completely baffles us all and we pull out our policies to have a long debate on whether or not a claim should be covered. Today I actually had several...which is rare and another reason to be ammused.
*Amused but confused at the things that people wear...like when I came back to the office from lunch and there was some strange guy standing in the lobby wearing a really tight grey shirt and his belly was hanging out of it
*Amused that we can come up with the stupidest conversations at work like whether you brush your teeth before or after breakfast...when you should shower-at night or in the morning...
*So very amused that in my emails from my very wonderful best friend, I can actually say that I laughed out loud several times throughout the day
*Slightly disgusted but ammused at the attraction that some strange lady at my office has to a very awkward human being also at our office.
*Amused right at this moment that my husband did something not so appealing and apparently I gave him a very dirty look and he laughed at me.
I think it's been a long day and I've forgotten many of my other things that I found to be thankful for or ammused with but for now..this is all that I can think of.
We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do
This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.
Oh yes...thankful and amused that my best friend is not my husband's mother!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I miss you crazy girl! If you want to be amused and have some GREAT people watching come visit me in Europe, I swear...
ReplyDelete