We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Monday, October 19, 2009

The things kids repeat...

So...as adults we're supposed to know that we should watch what we say in front of children...right??

Well apparently we're not quite smart enough to recognize that our children may not know the difference between a joke and reality. Here's where the problem begins: Greg likes to talk about poop. I don't know why he likes to talk about poop but he does. He talks about it so often that last year Alyssa made him a card and on the outside was a toilet and on the inside was the toilet but with poop in it. He has this hanging on his wall at work.

(I was going to post a picture of a toilet with poop in it for the correct effect however, I just couldn't do it)
So this weekend in one of Greg's poop conversations, he decided to tell all of us his idea about building a compost in the backyard where we could not only put all of our food scraps into it but also put all of the dog poop in it. He then thought that we could use this in the garden. They all continued on the topic of compost and poop...it went from dog poop to human poop..using the poop in the garden to selling the poop...

I finally said enough was enough and put an end to the whole poop conversation. Or so I thought.....

The repeating part comes at the dinner table tonight where Taylor announces that they started a new unit on business's. He tells us how they each had to come up with a business they are going to start and tell it to the class...What does Taylor choose....Dog manure to sell to farmers!!!!

Oh my heck! Lets just say Daddy is in BIG trouble!! I wonder what the teacher thinks of this business...

4 comments:

  1. wow! nice! be careful... someone somewhere will try to turn your innocent family conversations into a child abuse case... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of Taylor's creativity & innovativation!! It would be highly economic because the only costs associated are those in relation to the care of the animals and the transportation. I think his ability to think outside the box is such a great quality. I love that little man. And I also like to talk about poop. And I have never been accused of child abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that business idea is very creative. If I was the teacher I wouldn't think twice about it... Manure is used for fertilizer all the time on farms and I think it shows just how down to earth Taylor is... Good job parents and kids! (and with a house full of boys I hear just about all the potty humor/stories I can take!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete