We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Taylor Turns Nine

My little baby has turned 9!! Where has the time gone? I'm so amazed with how much he has grown over the last year, physically and emotionally. He's such an intelligent young man and is contstantly inspiring me to think outside the box. What an ability for a nine year old.

This year to celebrate his birthday we had a Star Wars theme. A friend of mine at work is a member of the 501st legion where they impersonate Star War characters at different non profit events to generate interest in Star Wars. So..I had the hook up, I was so excited when he told me that he and a couple of guys from the group would come to Taylor's birthday party. I didn't tell anyone what was happening, I just told everyone to be on time b/c we would be having some special guests. While the kids were playing out in the yard, out appears some storm troopers...the kids all gathered around staring quietly trying to figure out what was going on. And really...so were the adults!

And then if they weren't surprised enough..out walked Darth Vador.

It was so much fun. Everyone had a blast!






Happy Birthday Little Man-You deserve the best!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the photos from the party. The guys and I were glad we could be a part of Taylor's celebration...

    I have put this link on our board so that they can all enjoy them as well.

    Love the website...

    Your Sandtrooper friend - John

    ReplyDelete