Each summer the kids take a small trip with Papa and Marsha. This year they travelled down to the south side of the state to go to the Cliff Dwellings. They always have a fun time but while we're packing, it's always a hard time. I was especially having a hard time this year b/c all three kids were crying about missing us and I was torn between keeping them home with me or making them go b/c I knew they would have fun once they got there. Before Alyssa left, she wrote us this letter:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I have a t-shirt and a bear to take. Mom make sure you pack it. I'll miss you. And I know you'll miss me too. I hope you have fun when I am gone. But not as much as you do when I am around. Figer out something to do. And if you don't call us. I love both of you. I will bring something to remember you. It will be in my harte.
Love Alyssa
Needless to say, I was a crying mess when reading this but I still let them go! And of course they had a great time!





No comments:
Post a Comment