So I had my fair share of crushes when I was a kid. I'm sure they started pretty early however the first one that I actually remember that wasn't the 3 year old that I played on the playground with, was when I was in 4th grade. This was followed by a series of crushes in middle school until I finally had an actual real boyfriend and at the age of 13 knew I was in love! And for 13 I actually did love this boy as much as a 13 year old could possibly love a boy. And then of course through high school, I found a couple more boys that I of course was "in love" with until I met Greg and knew for sure that he was the one. So my mom always said that whatever drama and pain I caused her, I would get it back double when I had my own children. I hate to admit it but she was right! Tonight while Alyssa was getting ready for bed she had to finish something up that she was writing and as I was tucking Kaylie into bed, Alyssa proceeded to tell me that she was in love with Joel (who is one of Taylor's friends on the football team and is in the 3rd grade! Alyssa is only in Kindergarten). I wasn't completely shocked that she was talking about Joel. Joel has been a little flirty with the girls over the last year at football practices and games-always making sure that they were okay and smiling at them. I really had attributed this to the twin thing and just like everyone else he was drawn to them. A few weeks ago we had a BBQ for the end of the season and apparently while all of the kids were running around outside, Joel took Alyssa's soda out of her hands and took a drink of it and then handed it back. Instant bliss for Alyssa! Apparently this sealed the deal and he is now secretly her boyfriend, although I don't think he knows this yet. Anyway, Alyssa very seriously decided that she would share her little letters to him that she is planning on giving him at school. I very nicely took them and told her that we should wait to give them to him after the summer. She really doesn't like this idea because she's afraid she'll forget Joel over the summer. I very nicely also told her that if it is true love, she won't forget Joel over the summer and this can wait. Lord help me we are in for some trouble!!! Below are her letters and I really cannot figure out where she could possibly get her passion from....


On the backside of one of these it also reads: "There's a secret in my heart"
My favorite part: "the shine in your eye makes me smile"
ReplyDeleteIt's only just begun...good luck! ;)
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet! I may steal the "shine in your eye" part for my vows!
ReplyDeleteShe is so sensitive and kind and is quite the romantic...kind of like someone else I know...
Good luck. First comes letters. Then comes kissing.
aww... i mean... golly, you're gonna have your hands full! it's very sweet though! i'm hoping she remembers him once the summer is over! ;)
ReplyDelete