So on a side note-this is the mom speaking now...this was our first experience with a broken bone. I remained pretty calm thanks to Alyssa and how calm she remained throughout the process. She's an amazingly strong little girl. It wasn't fun to have had to deal with this while Greg was out of town-however he came home to be the hero at just the right time to take Alyssa to get her cast on. Thanks for all of your support. If you would like to leave a message for Alyssa, please do so.
We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do
This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
How I broke my wrist by Alyssa Jones
Last night at the playground where Taylor has football practice, I broke my wrist. I was trying to jump up on the monkey bars. I thought that I had it, but my hand slipped and I landed on my wrist. I knew right away that I broke it. It felt like something was inside of it wandering around. I cried and cried and cried! Marsha took me to meet mom at the doctor's office. When we got to the doctor, she looked at my wrist, she gave me a splint and some Motrin and said I needed to get an X-ray. Then I had to go downstairs to the big camera and have lots of pictures taken of my hand and wrist. It was very cool. Afterwards, I got to look at the pictures of my bones. That was cool. Then we took the pictures up to the doctor and she said I fractured my wrist. We were waiting for the doctor to call us to tell us when we could put a cast on it so I went to school. At school, I got tripped and fell on my wrist again. IT HURT!! Then we finally got to go to the doctor and they took more X-rays to see if I fractured it more. Then they let me pick a color and they put the cast on my arm. Mom and I got some cool flowers to decorate it with and lots of markers so that people can sign the cast. I feel much better now that it is on but my arm is really heavy! I think it looks cool though. It's kind of funny that I have to have help with things like getting dressed, taking a bath and going to the bathroom. I won't be able to write until I get this thing off. The doctor says I may only need it for three weeks, he will check it then and see if we can take it off. I am glad that I have Kaylie for a sister and Taylor for a brother because they have been helping me a lot. I LOVE MY CAST!




So on a side note-this is the mom speaking now...this was our first experience with a broken bone. I remained pretty calm thanks to Alyssa and how calm she remained throughout the process. She's an amazingly strong little girl. It wasn't fun to have had to deal with this while Greg was out of town-however he came home to be the hero at just the right time to take Alyssa to get her cast on. Thanks for all of your support. If you would like to leave a message for Alyssa, please do so.
So on a side note-this is the mom speaking now...this was our first experience with a broken bone. I remained pretty calm thanks to Alyssa and how calm she remained throughout the process. She's an amazingly strong little girl. It wasn't fun to have had to deal with this while Greg was out of town-however he came home to be the hero at just the right time to take Alyssa to get her cast on. Thanks for all of your support. If you would like to leave a message for Alyssa, please do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you broke your wrist! You do have a pretty pink cast though. I know that it does not feel fun to break your arm--I broke 3 arms (2 of them when I was six years old.) No, I don't have 3 arms--I broke my right one twice. I did not get to wear a pretty cast--mine was white plaster.
Are you right handed? The fun part is learning to write with your left hand.
Make your mom and dad spoil you along with your all your grandparents. I wish I could sign your cast, but this will have to do.
Love, Aunt Debbie
Alyssa, I hope you are feeling okay! I broke my wrist when I was in 5th grade!!! It was during field day during one of the last days of school! It meant NO swimming all summer! I'm sending you a little "get well" gift in the mail! Let me know when you get it! ~Aunt Tara
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you broke your arm on the monkey bars. I hope you feel better. We missed you at dance today.
ReplyDeleteYour friend, Layne
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you broke your arm!! But I am very proud of you for being so strong! I think your pink cast is lovely and I love the flowers on it, it's super fancy! Maybe now you can learn to write with your toes...I've always wanted to try that...
I love you little Alyssa!
xoxo Ramie
Hi sweet girl! Save us some room to sign your cool hot pink cast! Love,
ReplyDeleteJenny
Hi Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteSorry about your wrist. You are one brave girl and have a super cool cast. I love the color you picked and the flowers. Very stylish!!
Love you!!!
Grandma & Grandpa
Miss Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteThat is the coolest cast I have ever seen! I'm sorry it's heavy, but it is beautiful. You'll probably have tons of autographs on it. I've never broken anything, except a few glasses and maybe a plate or two. You're a brave young lady.
Heal soon sweetie!
Love, Aunt Gay :)
Hey Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteI would agree that you have the prettiest cast I have ever seen. The flowers are very neat. Get better soon!
Love Tara Nestor
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteAwesome job staying calm, I was with your dad when I found out your broke your little wrist. That has to be the coolest cast in the world! I miss you and can't wait to see you and the family. I can't wait for you guys to meet mia, I showed her your pictures, she calls you guys cousins!
Love
JJ
Hey pretty girl, nice job picking out PINK, that is my favorite color too! I hope I can sign you cast. Feel better soon! Glad you were such a tough girl, you must take after your Mom! :) Love, Jenny D
ReplyDeleteWhat a brave little girl you are. We are so proud of you. We love the cool cast.
ReplyDeleteLove, Papa and Marsha
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteYou're such a tough girl and so brave! I love your pink cast and the flowers make it even cooler. I hope it get's better soon! In the meantime, collect lot's of autographs.
Love
Melissa