We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Countdown to Greg leaving-26 days

I guess it should seem real now that we've made our big announcement but the truth is I think I'm in denial. In just 26 days we will be making our trek down to Texas to get Greg settled in his home away from home and start his new job. So far it all seems as though we've been putting marks on the checklist. Read the offer package-check. Negotiate pay and start date-check. Accept the job-check. Make sure everything is in order with leaving the old job-check. Discuss plans with the kids-check. Tell family and friends-check. Clean and organize garage and basement before the hubby leaves-check. Decide to keep the family here until the job becomes more perminate-check. Set a date for Greg's farewell party-check. All this in one week while the husband is out of town...while the kids are still in school...while we still have a full schedule of extra curricular activities...while working full time... Can you say stress?!? No wonder I ended up sick this weekend! But now that those items are checked off the list and plans are starting to form I think at least for a few weeks we can concentrate on family time. So on to another week we go towards the countdown of our quickly changing life! Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment