We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Trip Home To Texas

With both Greg and I spending a couple years of our childhood in Texas, we both have a sense of being home when we are there. It had been awhile since we had been back so this year we knew were going to go down for Thanksgiving. I hadn't spent Thanksgiving in Texas with the Konchalski side of the family since I was 5 so it meant a lot to be able to be with them. We left Tuesday afternoon and drove straight through so that we could get in as much time as possible. We stayed at "Auntie" Lori and "Uncle" Ron's house so that all of the kids could be together. (My aunt and I are 7 years apart so we always laugh that she's my aunt because we're much closer like cousins). My Dad also came in from Mississippi to be with us. We had such an amazing time and I wish it could have been longer or that we all lived closer to each other.

Our kids are so close in age that they are more like first cousins and they love being together!
Thanksgiving Day the kids put on a play for us out of the books that Grandpa had bought for each family. Lori and I cooked while the men ate too many snacks. My Grandpa made french bread and pastries. We watched the Cowboy's beat the Dolphins....and yes I ate a TON! (Which "Uncle" Ron mentioned in his "I'm thankful for speech" and teased me all day about)
Some time spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The same house they had when I was little so I love being there. My Uncle Mark and his two daughters came to hang out with us one of the nights and we all sat going through old pictures and laughing.
On one of our days we went to the Stockyards in Fort Worth. The best part of this was meeting up with my childhood friends Jimmy and Amy and finally getting to meet two of their little babies. Still hard to believe it's been 4 years since we had to say goodbye to their parents and that was the last time we had been down to Texas. I still miss them and think of them often!
My little cousin Abby requested before we came down that we all go to See Arthur Christmas so that's what we did one afternoon. Another fun time for all.
One of our nights we went to the Fort Worth Parade of Lights and watched the tree lighting ceremony. Loved that we were all together and that I got to meet two of my cousins that I hadn't met before.
Our last night there we knew we had to see Greg's Uncle Dick and cousins. We had arranged dinner and to our surprise his Grandpa and Mimi were passing through on their way back home to Mississippi so they were able to join us for dinner as well. It was a great way to end our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment