Thanksgiving is usually a pretty quiet time at our house each year. We like to stay home and I realized this year why this is. While going around the table and saying what we were thankful for, my Grandma told us that her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because there are no expectations…just a day to eat and visit with family. That’s so true and I really think that’s why we enjoy having Thanksgiving at our house. We can be on our own time and just sit and enjoy the day. We enjoy the day whether it’s just us or when other’s join us and this year we were thankful to have my Grandma, Mom and brother Kyle over. We didn’t take very many pictures and I feel bad that I didn’t take any of Taylor but he seemed to be busy all day playing video games!
And then of course came the shopping! Greg and I love the Black Friday shopping and after not being able to go last year because we were in Florida, we went a little crazy! We started at 5:00 pm at Michaels, then went to the Castle Rock Outlets from 8:00 pm-11:00 pm. Wal Mart in Castle Rock at midnight and then we made our claim in line at the Briargate Wal Mart at 1:00 am. Greg waited for our big items while I went and shopped at Target at 4:00 am and then JC Penny. By 5:30 we were done shopping and we met my cousins Dusty and Jessica for some breakfast! Gotta love a 13 hour shopping trip throughout the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment