We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do

This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Looking Back on 2009

The year is quickly coming to an end and with that comes looking back on the the moments that brought us all things good and bad.  In previous years, I’d print out tons of picture greeting cards and attempt to get them in the mail to all of you that we love.  But…most of the time, I would end up with about half that I forgot to address…or I addressed but ran out of stamps…or just forgot to put them in the mail.  You would think that writing this post would be more complicated than getting some cards in the mail! Regardless, this year I decided I wasn’t going to do cards.  By coming to this blog and reading through all of the posts throughout the year, you’ll get a much better run down of what we’ve been up to and how we are doing.  And with that, here’s a little recap of our year starting with Gregory-At last he can relax after a long two years of online education.  What an accomplishment, completing his masters in adult learning and education.  I’m not quite sure he knows what to do with himself now that he doesn’t have to come home and log on to the computer for school every night.  I’ve been trying to remind him of such things as friends and slowly..he is getting back out there.  Currently Greg is still working for AAA as a instructional designer and is looking forward to what the new year will bring under a new leadership team.  His proudest moments this year have included watching his baby boy out on the football team and helping the team go on to the championship. Also having his kids recognize how important education is.Shannon-What a balancing act it has been managing the family all while working full time.  If you could see our calendar, you would think we were crazy.  The truth is, spending time with my family brings me the greatest joys.  I absolutely love sitting back and looking at the great little family that we’ve created.  I wish I could spend more time at home, or in the kids classrooms and this year it’s one of my goals to try and make that happen.  Currently I am also still working at AAA, as a homeowner’s adjuster.  If I have to work, this job certainly keeps me entertained.  I turned the big 3-0 this year, and to my surprise, I wasn’t really bothered by it.  Maybe it helped that I had great friends and family to celebrate it with.  Taylor-What a creative little man!I swear one day we are going to look back and say “I knew he would do something great”  The only problem right now is he would rather be thinking up the next greatest invention instead of learning his math facts!  But we are working on it and slowly he is learning that although it’s great to be so creative, you also have to have responsibilities including schoolwork and staying organized.  This year Taylor turned 9 and realized after a full year that he really does love football.  He loves everything about being part of a team and this passion that he shares with the rest of the team led them to an undefeated season and to the championship game.  We couldn’t have been more proud of him and the rest of the team.Alyssa-This little child has the biggest heart.  Make her feel like she is doing something to help someone, and she will do whatever you ask.  She is way ahead of herself in her little 7 year old body and knows exactly what she wants and pushes any way she can to get it.  She is doing a great job in school and seems to find math as her favorite subject.  She is in her 2nd year on the dance team and works hard to keep up with the older girls and set an example for the younger ones.  Her biggest highlight this year was breaking her wrist…but don’t feel too sorry for her, she really enjoyed all the attention!Kaylie-Just call her little miss silly.  Whatever the situation, little miss Kaylie is finding a way to remind us to enjoy life and laugh.  Make no mistake though, just when you think she couldn’t possibly understand what the teacher just taught in class or remember the routine in dance,because she’s been goofing off, she goes and does something extraordinary and reminds you that she’s just smart enough to take it all in while still having fun.  She is also in her second year on the dance team where she loves being with her friends and getting to hang out with all the older team girls.  Her newest passion has become art…whether it’s drawing, painting, coloring…she loves it.  She also loves to write and has filled up pages in notebooks with the most detailed stories-pretty impressive for a 7 year old!  I can’t wait to see where her talents take her.

Well we hope you enjoy our blog…make sure to watch our video of some of our favorite picture moments starting from December of last year until now…

<script type="textscript>

Merry Christmas!  We love you and wish you a very Happy New Year!!


2 comments: