We are so glad that you are visiting our blog. It is here that you can learn all about This Jones Family and all that we do
This Jones family began in 1997 when Greg and I started as friends over a Christmas break. That friendship soon turned to a relationship and as time passed by, we kept growing together, not really knowing that we were building our future together. Three years after we started dating, we made our first commitment to create a family together and promised forever to eachother. Taylor was born in 2000 and two years later he became a big brother to twin girls Kaylie and Alyssa. We're a small little family that loves to spend all of our time together. This is how our story began, please check back frequently to see how our family continues.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Reflecting on the past
I had a conversation today with some girls that I went to high school with. One of them I even went to elementary school with. It came up in our conversation that there are things in life that make you stop and think and realize that life is too short to forget about old friends and let time pass by. Sometimes life gets busy and we carry on with our routines. We forget to take the time to just say hi or catch up on how people who once were so close to us are doing. I don't want to hear of another old friend passing away and saying to myself, I wish I hadn't lost touch with them. I often come across a lot of people that say they don't want to join the world of facebook or myspace because they want to forget the part of their life when they were in high school and they would rather forget all the people from back then b/c they have moved on with their life. They think they are a different person now and things have changed. Things may have changed and you may be a different person but if it weren't for all those people that you've met along the way in your life and for all of those awkward moments you had...you wouldn't be the person that you are today. I truly believe that each person that I come across in life or each situation that I have to walk through in life, changes me a little to make me the person that I am. I hope that I am able to teach my kids this lesson so that they can walk through life realizing that just as much as it is important to have good moments, it's also okay to have the bad. And just as much as it is important to have great friends, it is also important to have people in your life that you can't understand. We learn and we grow from these things. I am truely thankful to be able to catch up with old friends and meet new ones or even get to know people from my past that I didn't have the oppurtunity to get to know so well before. Here's to old friends and new-thankful for all the things you have contributed to making me-me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree completely. I was just thinking about this same thing because there are so many people, from so many different parts of my life, and so many memories that I hold so dear...but the busier I got, and the more 'stuff' I went through, I held on really really tight to a few people...and the rest were kind of let go. I currently have a list of people that I want to reconnect with and I email one a week. It's been really great to reconnect with some of them! Although I realized I should have started this little journey AFTER the wedding...now people want invites!!
ReplyDeleteSo, thank you for writing this. Because I think it's really important to appreciate the people that help make us who we are. I love you!